Monday, March 7, 2011

Why I Do What I Do - Part 1 - My Grandfather

I want to start a small series of posts giving you an insight of how and why I create, my initial inspirations and those who sparked my interests in arts and crafting. I began as a little kid painting Paint by Numbers. My grandfather was in and out of the hospital for years when I was young and he would bring them home for me from the hospital. My grandmother still has the largest one I painted, framed and hanging in her living room.

My grandfather would encourage me to draw, and draw from my head. No tracing pictures from books. "Draw me something." He would say. He always pushed me to use my imagination and to do things on my own.

I wonder what inspiration he would give me these days.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails